2, rue Lord Byron
|+ 33 (0)1 53 45 97 62|
+ 33 (0)6 62 76 33 62
+ 33 (0)1 42 93 90 25
• Arbitration, Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
Eliseo Castineira specialises in arbitration. Mr Castineira’s arbitration and dispute resolution experience includes:
Mr Castineira’s arbitration experience encompasses a broad range of disputes (including those concerning sales of goods, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, distribution and agency, as well as defective design and delay) in many economic sectors (including construction and engineering, natural resources, pharmaceuticals and telecommunications). Mr Castineira has also dealt with disputes involving not only businesses, but also states and state-owned entities.
• Corporate and Commercial
Mr Castineira also advises on transactions involving construction, corporate and commercial law matters.
Prior to setting up his own independent arbitration practice in 2010 and in addition to his arbitration experience, Mr Castineira was an attorney with Andersen Legal (1996-2001) and Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (2001-2002) where he negotiated and drafted numerous agreements in corporate (mergers and acquisitions, group reorganisations, joint ventures) and commercial (international distribution and sales) matters as well as construction matters.
Mr Castineira also acted as in-house counsel as part of a secondment to a Fortune 500 company to coordinate a major reorganisation.
Mr Castineira is a graduate of the University of Paris (Maîtrise de Droit des Affaires (Master of Laws) and Diplôme d’Études Juridiques Appliquées en Droit Anglo-Américain (Degree in Anglo-American Law)) (1994) and New York University School of Law (Master of Laws) (1995).
Mr Castineira is fluent in French, English and Spanish, has working knowledge of Portuguese and good knowledge of German.
Mr Castineira has lectured in English, French and Spanish on international arbitration at various universities, including University of Paris II-Assas, Paris, France (2003-2009, 2012), University of Versailles, Saint-Quentin, France (2006-2008), Queen’s University, Ontario, Canada (2006-2010) and University of Monterrey, Monterrey, Mexico (2011).
Mr Castineira has published various articles on international arbitration in English, French and Spanish and has spoken at numerous conferences, seminars and courses on international arbitration throughout the world. Mr Castineira has also trained judges and in-house counsel in international arbitration.
Acknowledged as one of the 50 best arbitrators in France by Décideurs Stratégie Finance Droit (2014-2016).
Acknowledged as one of the best arbitration practitioners by Who’s Who Legal: France (2016): “Eliseo Castineira is a brilliant lawyer with an exceptional insight into the rules and procedures of the ICC International Court of Arbitration.”
Recommended as arbitrator by The Roster of International Arbitrators, published by the Parker School of Foreign and Comparative Law of Columbia University Law School, edited by Professors Hans Smit, Thomas E. Carbonneau and Loukas Mistelis (2014, 2015).
In addition to being admitted as an attorney-at-law (avocat à la Cour) to the Paris Bar (Ordre des Avocats du Barreau de Paris), Mr Castineira is a member of various arbitral institutions / arbitral panels:
- Association Française d’Arbitrage (Paris, France) (member of the Board of Directors and of the Arbitration Committee (five-member committee in charge of supervising proceedings under the AFA Arbitration Rules and, inter alia, of appointing arbitrators and scrutinising awards rendered pursuant to the Rules))
- Belgian Centre for Mediation and Arbitration (CEPANI) (Brussels, Belgium)
- Cámara Nacional de Comercio de la Ciudad de México (CANACO) (Mexico City, Mexico)
- Centro de Arbitraje de la Industria de la Construcción (CAIC) (Mexico City, Mexico)
- Chambre Franco-Allemande de Commerce et d’Industrie (Paris, France)
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (London, U.K.)
- Club Español de Arbitraje (Madrid, Spain)
- Corte de Arbitraje de Madrid (Madrid, Spain)
- Cour Commune de Justice et d’Arbitrage of the Organisation pour l’Harmonisation en Afrique du Droit des Affaires (OHADA) (Abidjan, Ivory Coast)
- Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (Hong Kong, China)
- International Chamber of Commerce (Paris, France) (ICC Commission on Arbitration, ICC France, ICC Latin American Arbitration Group)
- International Institute for Conflict Prevention and Resolution (CPR) (New York City, N.Y., U.S.A.)
- Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration (KLRCA) (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
- Lewiatan Court of Arbitration (Warsaw, Poland)
- London Court of International Arbitration (London, U.K.) (LCIA European Users’ Council)
- Vienna International Arbitral Centre (Vienna, Austria)