|+ 33 (0)1 84 25 71 75|
+ 33 (0)6 62 76 33 62
+ 33 (0)1 42 93 90 25
Arbitration, Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
Eliseo Castineira specialises in arbitration. Eliseo Castineira’s arbitration and dispute resolution experience includes:
Eliseo Castineira’s arbitration experience encompasses a broad range of disputes (including those concerning sales of goods, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, distribution and agency, as well as defective design and delay) in many economic sectors (including construction and engineering, natural resources, pharmaceuticals and telecommunications). Mr Castineira has also dealt with disputes involving not only businesses, but also states and state-owned entities.
Corporate and Commercial
Eliseo Castineira also advises on transactions involving construction, corporate and commercial law matters.
Prior to setting up his own independent arbitration practice in 2010 and in addition to his arbitration experience, Eliseo Castineira was an attorney with Andersen Legal (1996-2001) and Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (2001-2002) where he negotiated and drafted numerous agreements in corporate (mergers and acquisitions, group reorganisations, joint ventures) and commercial (international distribution and sales) matters as well as construction matters.
Eliseo Castineira also acted as in-house counsel as part of a secondment to a Fortune 500 company to coordinate a major reorganisation.
Eliseo Castineira is a graduate of the University of Paris (Maîtrise de Droit des Affaires (Master of Laws) and Diplôme d’Études Juridiques Appliquées en Droit Anglo-Américain (Degree in Anglo-American Law)) (1994) and New York University School of Law (Master of Laws) (1995).
Eliseo Castineira is fluent in French, English and Spanish, has working knowledge of Portuguese and good knowledge of German.
Eliseo Castineira has lectured in English, French and Spanish on international arbitration at various universities, including University of Paris II-Assas, Paris, France (2003-2009, 2012), University of Versailles, Saint-Quentin, France (2006-2008), Queen’s University, Ontario, Canada (2006-2010) and University of Monterrey, Monterrey, Mexico (2011).
Eliseo Castineira has published various articles on international arbitration in English, French and Spanish and has spoken at numerous conferences, seminars and courses on international arbitration throughout the world. Mr Castineira has also trained judges and in-house counsel in international arbitration.
Acknowledged as one of the 50 best arbitrators in France by Décideurs Stratégie Finance Droit (2014-2017).
Recommended in “France – Best Arbitrators” by Leaders League, Intelligence Report & Directory Series – Litigation and International Arbitration (2017).
Acknowledged as one of the best arbitration practitioners by Who’s Who Legal: France: Eliseo Castineira “is a brilliant lawyer with an exceptional insight into the rules and procedures of the ICC International Court of Arbitration” (2016) and is noted for his “great case handling as a sole arbitrator, his diligence to details and his persuasive skills” (2017).
Recommended as one of “Arbitration Future Leaders – Partners” in Who’s Who Legal: Arbitration (2017-2018).
Recommended as arbitrator by The Roster of International Arbitrators, published by the Parker School of Foreign and Comparative Law of Columbia University Law School, edited by Professors Hans Smit, Thomas E. Carbonneau and Loukas Mistelis (2014-2017).
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS – ARBITRAL PANELS
In addition to being admitted as an attorney-at-law (avocat à la Cour) to the Paris Bar (Ordre des Avocats du Barreau de Paris), Eliseo Castineira is a member of various arbitral institutions / arbitral panels:
- Association Française d’Arbitrage (Paris, France): member of the Board of Directors and of the Arbitration Committee (five-member committee in charge of supervising proceedings under the AFA Arbitration Rules and, inter alia, of appointing arbitrators and scrutinising awards rendered pursuant to the AFA Rules)
- Belgian Centre for Mediation and Arbitration (CEPANI) (Brussels, Belgium)
- Cámara Nacional de Comercio de la Ciudad de México (CANACO) (Mexico City, Mexico)
- Centro de Arbitraje de la Industria de la Construcción (CAIC) (Mexico City, Mexico)
- Chambre Franco-Allemande de Commerce et d’Industrie (Paris, France)
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (London, U.K.)
- Club Español de Arbitraje (Madrid, Spain)
- Corte de Arbitraje de Madrid (Madrid, Spain)
- Cour Commune de Justice et d’Arbitrage of the Organisation pour l’Harmonisation en Afrique du Droit des Affaires (OHADA) (Abidjan, Ivory Coast)
- Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (Hong Kong, China)
- International Chamber of Commerce (Paris, France) (ICC Commission on Arbitration, ICC France, ICC Latin American Arbitration Group)
- International Institute for Conflict Prevention and Resolution (CPR) (New York City, N.Y., U.S.A.)
- Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration (KLRCA) (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
- Lewiatan Court of Arbitration (Warsaw, Poland)
- London Court of International Arbitration (London, U.K.) (LCIA European Users’ Council)
- Vienna International Arbitral Centre (Vienna, Austria)
T + 33 (0)1 84 25 71 76
Cécilia Miles is an associate at Castineira with experience representing companies and states in commercial and investment arbitration proceedings, including ICC, ICSID and UNCITRAL. She particularly focuses on energy (oil and gas), construction, engineering, pharmaceuticals and telecommunications. She also acts as counsel before French courts, in particular in enforcement and set aside proceedings in relation to arbitral awards.
Prior to joining Castineira, Cécilia Miles gained arbitration and litigation experience in international law firms in Paris and abroad, such as Clifford Chance and Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle.
Cécilia Miles is fluent in French, English and Spanish. She is admitted to the Paris Bar and holds two Master’s degrees from the Sorbonne Law School.
- Associate, Castineira (since September 2017)
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle (Paris), International Arbitration (January-December 2016)
- Clifford Chance (Barcelona), Litigation & Dispute Resolution (January –June 2015)
- Castellane Avocats (Paris), International Arbitration & Commercial Litigation (January-July 2013)
- Paris Bar admission (2016)
- Master 2 English and North American Business Law, Sorbonne Law School (2014)
- Master 2 International Trade Law, Sorbonne Law School (2013)
- Master 1 Business Law, Upec (2012)
- Licence, Complutense University of Madrid / Upec (2011)
“¿Qué puede hacer el árbitro cuando una parte se niega a practicar la prueba que, en ‘discovery’, ha sido instada por la otra parte?” (2015), afarbit.org, accessed September 2017